Professional School Counselors, Bull Run Middle School
6th Grade: Tori Stone
7th Grade: Jennifer Bullen
8th Grade & Director of Counseling: Jane Prince
Administrative Assistant: Karitta Coelho
What does a middle school counselor do?
A middle school counselor provides services to all students to improve academic success, support social/emotional development, and promote career and college readiness. Parents/Guardians must notify the school in writing if they wish to opt their children out of personal/social lessons. Regular counselor tasks include:
- Teaching counseling lessons to all students
- Counseling students individually
- Running programs with small groups
- Supporting school transitions
- Providing information to parents regarding internal and external programs
- Consulting with teachers, parents, and community members
- Conducting needs assessments to inform counseling services
- Providing referrals to external programs and services
When should I contact the school counselor?
If you have any concerns about your child’s academics or their social/emotional state then you can call or email the school counselor. You can also contact the counselor to discuss any of the issues listed above. Due to confidentiality, detailed or sensitive discussions are best held over the phone or in person.
To learn more about the counselor and the counseling services provided at Bull Run please use the menu on the left.