Information about our upcoming field trip to Gettysburg National Military park has been given to all 6th grade students. Our trip will be on April 4, 2017. The cost is $40.00. Payment and permission slips are accepted now until March 3. Please email me if you have any questions at email@example.com.
Supplies: All students will need a 3 ring binder, coloring supplies, glue sticks, and scissors.
Homework: All homework assignments are listed on the calendar. Click on the calendar link to see the homework and due dates for projects and tests.
Table Talk: This section is intended to give parents an opportunity for some meaningful discussions about social studies. When you ask your child about what they did in social studies this week, you may want to ask:
1. Name the first five presidents of the United States.
2. Who was president when the two party system emerged?
3. Who was president when plans were made for our nation's capitol?
4. Who was the astronomer and surveyor who helped design Washington D.C.?
5. What did the United States accomplish during the War of 1812? Who was the president during this war?
How to Set-up Calendar Alerts:
If your child is in my class, and you would like to receive email alerts for items posted to my calendar, you may view step-by-step directions here:
Please note: You will receive a separate email alert for each calendar you choose to subscribe to.