The purpose of this club shall be:
1. To develop, encourage, and expand upon student interest in STEM & Engineering related disciplines.
2. Introduce guiding principles and expectations for Technology & Engineering Design.
3. Encourage collaboration between all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade team members during interdisciplinary activities.
4. Connect prerequisite knowledge and skill with age appropriate content standards.
5. Develop STEM career connections
Eligibility- Membership shall be open to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students in good academic and disciplinary standards as defined by Bull Run Middle School (BRMS), and Prince William County Public Schools (PWCS).
Membership – Eighteen students will be selected per team. Two teams may be created, meeting in alternating weeks, depending on interest. Teams will be composed equally between grade level and gender.
Selection Process – Members will be selected via an application process. Each interested student will be required to submit an application for the sponsor’s review. This application will require students to reflect on their STEM interests, detail planned contributions, and describe a situation where they have put STEM principles to everyday use
Meetings – Regular meetings shall be held biweekly during the regular school year once the afternoon activities bus is running. If a second team is created due to increased interest, the two teams will meet biweekly, alternating weeks. Meetings will be held Tuesdays between 3:10-4:40pm. Eight to sixteen meetings will be held throughout the school year.